How to query for installed software/version ?

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM' started by js2021, Feb 10, 2021.

1. js2021

js2021 Bit poster

I am brand new to Parallels and have only a month of hands-on experience with SCCM. I need to make a Collection/Query that shows me all the Macs that have Google Chrome. The WQL query for Windows is:

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System
    inner join SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE on SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId
    where SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE.ARPDisplayName like "Google Chrome%"
    When I try to blend this query with the Parallels built-in query for Macs, I get zero results:

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System
    inner join SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE on SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId
    where SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE.ARPDisplayName like "Google Chrome%" AND
    (ClientVersion LIKE '%-PMA' AND OperatingSystemNameandVersion LIKE '%Mac OS X%')
    So is the data for Mac software inventory in a different table? Is there any documentation of the Parallels SCCM database schema?
    I need to find Macs that do and don't have Chrome. In the SCCM Resource Explorer, I know the data exists!
    upload_2021-2-10_18-23-29.png

2. js2021

js2021 Bit poster

I've also tried .ProductName instead of ARPDisplayName, which ALSO returns Windows machines but still no Macs.

3. Evgeny Smirnov

Evgeny Smirnov Parallels Developers

Hello! The correct WMI class for this request is SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName. Please try this
    Code:
    select
      SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,
      SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,
      SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,
      SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,
      SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,
      SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client
    from SMS_R_System
    inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS
      on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceID
    where
      SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName LIKE "System Preferences"
      AND
      (ClientVersion LIKE '%-PMA' AND OperatingSystemNameandVersion LIKE '%Mac%')
    NOTE that the OS check is also changed because macOS 11 now appears as "macOS 11.0".