How to Remap the Command key from opening Windows Start Menu

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JasonV3, Jan 11, 2022.

1. JasonV3

JasonV3 Bit poster

I've searched a bit on the forum but couldn't seem to find exactly what I need. I'm running Parallels Desktop 16 and every time I press the Command button, the Start Menu pops up. How do I remap it so that the Windows Start Menu opens, with say, Command + 1, or something other than just the Command button?

Thank you.

Ed-Hawco likes this.
  2. Ed-Hawco

Ed-Hawco Member

I have the same question. I cannot find anything in the Parallels setup or the Windows 11 setup to control this. I found an article that showed how to use the Group Policies Editor in Windows to completely disable the "Windows" key, but it didn't work.

Can anyone help with this? That Start menu always popping up is driving me nuts!

3. PeterB69

PeterB69 Bit poster

I have the same issue. It is annoying to hit the command key twice and for windows start menu to pop up taking focus away from the program you are in. I have checked parallels preferences > keyboard menu, parallels preferences > application shortcuts, parallels preferences > macOS System Shortcuts, parallels preferences > Windows 11, OSX Keyboard > Shortcuts and all 8 areas (Launchpad, etc.) all to no avail. Does anyone have a solution to stopping this behaviour?

4. Eric51

Eric51 Bit poster

I have the same question. I don't see the company answering any of you either. Company? Step on up and provide the customer support. IF you can't answer - say that as well. Come on. It's the job... Thank you!

RadoslavS likes this.
  5. RadoslavS

RadoslavS Bit poster

I have the same question