How to specify username when installing Window 10 pro

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AaronD6, Mar 31, 2022.

1. AaronD6

AaronD6 Bit poster

I want to use a different username when I install Windows 10 then what is used on my Mac.
    Why can't I get this to work? That other VM company allows me to do this.

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello AaronD6, To change the virtual machine name please follow below mentioned steps
    1. Do one of the following: Click the Parallels icon in the menu bar and choose Configure. If the Parallels Desktop menu bar is visible at the top of the screen, choose Actions > Configure.
    2. Click General and type a new name in the Name field. Thanks.

3. AaronD6

AaronD6 Bit poster

Running 17.1.2 on MacOS 11.6.5
    On my Mac, I do not see any option for Configure.
    On the top of the screen menu bar, there isn't an Actions either. There is a Preferences, which I have scrubbed and not found any of the items that you mention.
    Even with installing a new VM. Nothing there that would allow a user to configure Name. Actually the only place is in the VM configuration where is says Name but that is the Name of the VM not a username.

4. Tim Murray

Tim Murray Junior Member

An adding to this so perhaps others will see it again and know how to do it (if indeed there is a way). And to be clear, it's not the name of the virtual machine -- it is the user name, as in C:\Users\MyUsername. I could just make a second user -- and an admin, at that -- on this VM, but I'd kind of like to avoid it.