It didn't even occur to me that Parallels 3 would not run with Snow Leopard. So, I had stopped my Parallels installation which, naturally, suspended my Win XP installation inside itself.
Then, a couple days later, I got Snow Leopard and, without even thinking of Parallels, installed Snow Leopard.
Then, the next day, I went to start my Parallels 3 install and boom!, won't run, no remedy offered.
So, naturally, I figure I'll download Parallels 4, install that, and surely that will run, and probably convert my Parallels 3 VM to a Parallels 4 VM while it's at it. Simple, yes? And it'll cost me $45 or whatever, but what the hay.
So I dl Parallels 4 and start the install and guess what? Comes to a page early on that says I have to end the Win XP install (as opposed to suspend, I presume) in my Parallels 3 installation before the Parallels 4 install will remove the Parallels 3 install.
You can see that this is impossible, as I can't run Parallels 3 to unsuspend and then SHUT DOWN the Win XP that is presently suspended in the Parallels 3 install.
I wonder how many Parallels 3 users have run into this little problem.
Is there a ready solution I'm not seeing?
Then, a couple days later, I got Snow Leopard and, without even thinking of Parallels, installed Snow Leopard.
Then, the next day, I went to start my Parallels 3 install and boom!, won't run, no remedy offered.
So, naturally, I figure I'll download Parallels 4, install that, and surely that will run, and probably convert my Parallels 3 VM to a Parallels 4 VM while it's at it. Simple, yes? And it'll cost me $45 or whatever, but what the hay.
So I dl Parallels 4 and start the install and guess what? Comes to a page early on that says I have to end the Win XP install (as opposed to suspend, I presume) in my Parallels 3 installation before the Parallels 4 install will remove the Parallels 3 install.
You can see that this is impossible, as I can't run Parallels 3 to unsuspend and then SHUT DOWN the Win XP that is presently suspended in the Parallels 3 install.
I wonder how many Parallels 3 users have run into this little problem.
Is there a ready solution I'm not seeing?