How to stop windows from forcing upgrading Win10 on ARM to Windows 11 on Arm (insiders)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by DavidW66, Feb 21, 2023.

1. DavidW66

DavidW66 Bit poster

So I'm in a bit of a conundrum, i already have a separate Windows 11 VM on my Apple Silicon mac, as that first was Windows 10 insiders preview two, but it updated itself to Windows 11, hence why i remade a new Windows 10 ARM VM, but now that to wants to force through an upgrade to an Win 11 Insiders built, and refuses to give me the option to go to Win 10 22H2 update. Surely that must exist in ARM form, no? Even if it's also part of a previous insiders release. But i'm not getting it. I've already unenrolled this Win 10 ARM vm for insiders, so apparently after a reboot just know, it has stopped offering the Win 11 Insiders version in Windows Update, but still complains that my current Win 10 build is expired... any fixes are welcome...

What i have tried is the win 10 setup exe i've found on Microsofts site after a long while researching ways to get to Win10 22H2 update, but even that won't let me install:

Schermafbeelding 2023-02-17 om 23.33.13.png

I'm a bit sad that microsoft makes it this difficult, so any one who can help me would be appreciated...

2. DavidW66

DavidW66 Bit poster

MediaCreationTool22H2
    Windows 10Upgrade9252

these were the exes i got from the ms site, but bot hwouldn't allow me to install the update