How to Stream Virtual Desktops to thin clients

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by garricksr, Sep 5, 2006.

1. garricksr

garricksr Guest

Hello

Can anyone explain or point me to a document which explains how to publish virtual desktops to a thin client. I am still trying to figure out how to associate applications to users using 2X.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Garrick

2. rafelbev

rafelbev Guest

To associate applications to users, first install the ApplicationServer on the TerminalServer which will be hosting the applications. Then, create a connection inside TerminalServer pointing to the IP of the terminal server you are using (it can be installed on the same machine). The type of the connection should be that of 2X Published applications. You can then associate groups or specific users to this Connection. Once these users attempt to login, a managed desktop will launch on their screen with shortcuts to the 2X published applications. These will seamlessly launch side by side on the 2X managed desktop.

Cheers

3. garricksr

garricksr Guest

Thanks

I must be getting old. I did not have the application server product installed. I had the terminal server product installed.

Thanks

Garrick