How to switch Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac from Pro to Standard version

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Adam Samec, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Adam Samec

Adam Samec Bit poster

Hello,

I was using the trial version of Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac in the Pro variant, which already expired, and also purchased Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac Standard in past. Now I have purchased Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac Upgrade in the Standard variant but I am unable to have it recognise that I now thus have the license for Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac. I have registered the new license in my account on the Parallels website, but still Parallels Desktop behaves as if I have an expired license, not letting me to start my Windows 10 virtual machine. If I show Parallels Desktop > About Parallels Desktop from the menubar, it tells me that I have the Pro version. How can I switch it to the Standard version so that my Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac Standard license is recognised?

I am running MacBook Air with the M1 chip.

Thanks.

Best regards
    Adam

2. Adam Samec

Adam Samec Bit poster

Okay, I have solved the problem by choosing activation in the dialog which appeared when I tried starting theVM. Then I had to enter the new license key and complete the activation.

3. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we appreciate your response.

4. Adam Samec

Adam Samec Bit poster

TThanks. The problem was that I am a blind user of the VoiceOver screen reader, and the dialog is not completely accessible using the screen reader. Only buttons for managing account or licenses are accessible in the dialog, not the activation button and some other dialog content. Please, do you think the accessibility of not only this dialog but of the app in general could be improved?