How to work with Windows on Mac 10.6.1 with Parallels

PierreA

Bit poster
Hello there,

I am new here and with parallels. I heart about it two day ago and I would like to try it but I ahev some doubt and I hope I choosed good forum.

I would like to install Window XP on my imac running 10.6.1 and I would like to have a Boot Camp. Then my boss would like me to install Paralleles on the Mac OS 10.6.1 Partition and he told me that I can run windows which has been installed on boot camp partition, with parallels.

Now I do not understand the following.

After installing Paralleles, I ran it and I have a windows with 3 choose:
1) Run Windows on your Mac
2) Inort virtualisation
3) Start with Parallels desktop

Note, that I have not install windows on a boot camp partition, then I just have one mac os partition

I do not understand thw 1) et 3) option because both display me the same procedure.

The I guess the first - 1) - will install/create a windows virtualisation?

If I create my bootcamp on a new and second partition and I install it, the 1) will let me choose the second boot camp partition to run window?

many thanks for your explication
 
Back
Top