I am able to use iSight

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by yoyon7, May 12, 2006.

1. yoyon7

yoyon7 Bit poster

I can see and hear the other party while in MSN.
    But they can't see or hear me.
    Version 6 on iMac

Are USB's working now. Is this the more I can get. No Printing on USB yet ???

Confused. All treads I find proclaim I can NOT use iSight even in Boot Camp, but I can half use it now on Parallels Workstation.

Probably the ONLY reason I want Windows is so my children can use the webcam with the rest of the PC world. Any Other simple way?

Adrian

Thanks

2. willwgm3

willwgm3 Member

If they can't see or hear you, how do you figure that you are able to use iSight?

3. wesley

wesley Pro

You don't need webcams on both sides to be able to initiate a video chat. Even if you don't have any webcam installed, you can see/hear the other side if that side has a working webcam... because it's THAT webcam that's working and sending video/audio to you. Your side isn't doing anything. Perhaps you thought that, to receive webcam stream, it required a webcam on your side, too? Because clearly, that's not the case.

4. perdurabo

perdurabo Junior Member

roffle.

Totally PEBCAP.

5. Edd

Edd Member

A nice useful/ helpful post... can't wait for your next ray of brilliance.. are you 12 or something?

6. yoyon7

yoyon7 Bit poster

Sorry

I apolgise,

But my dumb cuestion was genuine. Thank you for your kind help.

Adrian

Anyway, Is there any way for iSight?

7. sas

sas Junior Member

I admit I had to laugh when I read it. But the only dumb question is the one never asked :)

And I also laugh about the dumb things it constantly do.

-sas

8. wesley

wesley Pro

Even Apple doesn't have a Windows driver for iSight, for use in Boot Camp. So no, there is no way iSight will work in PW right now.

9. tylerhall

tylerhall Bit poster

Actually, you can use iSight in Windows. You're right that there's no Apple drivier, however Windows will recognize iSight as a standard Firewire (1394) camera. You won't be able to use the buil-in microphone, but the video will come through fine.

10. Edd

Edd Member

unless you have a macbook and the iSight is a USB device that isn't seen at all :(

11. n4khq

n4khq Member

Can you get you kids to switch to Instant Messenger and IChat?

12. Edd

Edd Member

you can also try:

http://amsn.sourceforge.net/

aMSN works on intel macs is a little clunky, but is an MSN interface with full isight support and i use it all the time for MSN video on the macbook.

Edd

13. colinet

colinet Bit poster

I too would like to be able to use sound and video from Australia wth my daughter (and new grandson) in the UK who has a PC. We can get video but no sound with me using aMSN and her using MSN. So to complete the connection we have to use Skype or regular phone for the sound which is a bit ridiculous.

I just bought Parallels hoping iSight would work - I have a firewire iSight camera on my wife's pre-built in camera iMac which I also use on my dual G5 and I've just ordered a new Macbook which of course will have the camera built in. (Yes I did pay extra fro the black one because so cool and therefore worth every cent!)

Has anyone used a program called SightSpeed? It claims to be OSX to PC sound and video friendly. I've installed it on my G5 and am waiting for my daughter to get round to putting it on her PC laptop.

Maybe some clever person could write iSight drivers for windows!!!!!!