I can not email out of Office apps(Word & Excel)...I have all sharing turned on

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JamesR10, Sep 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JamesR10

JamesR10 Bit poster

I want to be able to send word or excel docs directly from the app but every-time I try and send as an attachment I get this error. "the file cannot be attached to the message. Please got to Virtual Machine> Configure> Options Sharing and make sure that windows can be accessed from Mac." I've done this. Then if I am in word I get the error " Word couldn't send because of MAPI failure: "unspecified error" if I was trying from Excel the second error message I get says "General mail failure. Quite MS Excel, restart the mail system, and then try again." which I've done all that. I am running the latest MacOS, latest Windows 10 OS, latest office ver(365 2016), latest Parallels ver13. I have no problem if I go to Outlook and then attached the file directly from there if it has been saved. I've restarted everything many many times. really at a loss here

2. MichaelK21

MichaelK21 Bit poster

This feature used to work. But not since I upgraded to Parallels ver13.

3. JamesR10

JamesR10 Bit poster

After the Parallels 13.1 update, I no longer get the error message but when I click send as attachment it now opens a duplicate copy of the file.

4. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @JamesR10 , Please go to Actions > reinstall Parallels Tools and check if it works.
    Thanks

5. JamesR10

JamesR10 Bit poster

Same results.

6. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Please follow as suggested below:

1.Press Win+I to open the Settings app and select System. Next, scroll down to Default Apps in the left pane and click on it.

2.When you click on Default Apps in the left pane, the contents of right pane will change to list popular protocols.

3.Please make sure your MS Word and Excel are set to default in the list. Thanks!

7. MichaelK21

MichaelK21 Bit poster

The upgrade to 13.1 corrected my issue (MS Word, PPT, Visio, and Excel).

8. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!