I cannot get updates on Windows 10 since November

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Mac' started by BillH3, Jan 17, 2017.

1. BillH3

BillH3 Junior Member

I am not able to get updates for Windows 10. I used to and have been running Win10 since last spring. The last update I have is from approximatly Nov- 16. When I tried to get an update from Settings, Windows Update it says Updates are available and there is a "progress" line but nothing is happening and says downloading updates is 0%. Earlier today I tried the same and at first it looked like something was happening but it turned out to be a repeating loop and I had to use task manger to get out. Now it is just back to showing a progress bar with nothing happening. can anyone help me on this?

2. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hi Bill, please try this article & keep us posted.

3. BillH3

BillH3 Junior Member

First, regarding this article.... Are you kidding me??!!
    Fortunately, for no particular reason, I was able to get the Windows updates after a couple weeks of trying. Don't know why but it seems to work now and thats all i care about.

4. Hey, did you find some important info during the successful update?

5. BillH3

BillH3 Junior Member

Not at all. I did not apply anything within the article. First, the computer was not frozen and the article did not mention Win10. And it looked too involved to casually try it. Like I said, I reset and rebooted multiple times over a couple weeks or so after I realized that the Window updates were not coming through. Then 30 minutes after I sent the initial post I continued to play with the settings and was able to get the update from Nov to download and now I'm up to date. Exactly how? I couldn't say.

6. Got you, thanks a lot for your reply.