I can't get to or save Preferences :-(

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by dangcookie, Apr 11, 2008.

1. dangcookie

dangcookie Member

Hi,
    My install of Parallels was placed in the Shared folder of OS X by my system IT person. He has granted me all privileges that he knows of to allow me to access and modify preferences. However, I have the following behavior:

When I launch Parallels while holding down the Command key, the Preferences window is still skipped, and it launches right into Windows. Recently, I was able to double click on the preferences screen for the brief 2 seconds that it is visible before going straight to Windows, and while it allowed me to play around with the Prefs settings, it did not allow me to save them. Ugh.

I'm trying to figure this out, and hopefully help my IT person figure out what went wrong. He's not a Mac guy. Any help is GREATLY appreciated, because I desperately need to crank up the allocated RAM from 1GB to 2GB (I have 4GB in my MacBook Pro).

Thanks!
    David

2. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello David,

Please make sure you are holding the Command button before you have started clicking the Parallels icon. When you have made changes in Configuration Editor, do not forget to click OK button in the right bottom corner of the window.

Best regards,
    Xenos