I need a usability Hint

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GeraldL, Feb 28, 2012.

1. GeraldL

GeraldL Bit poster

Hi,
    I wonder if I am the only one who is running into the same usability problem several times a day. Let me try to describe what I am doing.

I am running Mac OSx Lion which has this new full screen mode with this two little arrows top right
    When I now run a Windows App in Parallels full screen mode, and I want to close a window by clicking on the red X in the top right corner, and I move the mouse a little bit to far up, then the MAC menu bar comes down, and I actually click the two little arrows instead of the red X because the arrows are overlapping the red X.

This is quite annoying since it happens several times to me.

I wonder what others are doing to avoid this.

[​IMG]

2. Eirà kr

Eirà kr Member

There's a theme setting for XP in Parallels that makes the XP app chrome (window decorations, buttons, etc.) look more like Mac OSX -- complete with moving the Windows window buttons for close / minimize / maximize over to the left. I would recommend you use that theme, and then you'll never run into this close vs. full-screen UI confusion again. :)

(I'm at work in front of Windows and not in front of my Mac laptop, or I'd point you to the exact setting.)

Hope this helps,

3. strells

strells Product Expert

If you don't like this, you can choose to not use the Lion full screen mode by turning off "Use Mac OS X Full Screen" in the Full Screen settings of the VM configuration options. You can then set an active screen corner to make the OS X menu bar to appear when you need it or use a key combo to get out of full screen.

Steve

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

Go to Configure > Options > Full Screen and set another corner to show Mac menu