I am running an XP(SP3) VM in Parallels 6.0.11990... everything has been fine, but id like to take the plunge and upgrade my work iMac to Lion.
My question:
If I upgrade to Parallels 7 and my Mac to Lion, if things go horribly wrong, can I just restore my Mac from a TimeMachine backup?
Does restoring the system from a TM backup really put everything in its proper place? I know that sounds paranoid, and I don't see a reason why this wouldn't work, but I don't want to spend hours just to have everything mucked up.
I guess another option would be to do a full backup with Carbon Copy Cloner prior to the updates, and restore from that if I cant get Lion and P7 to play well together.
I have only updated Parallels once.. and I spent hours getting everything to work again (ultimately reverted to TM backup of VMs and P6)... so I am a little paranoid.
I am interested in upgrading to Lion because I can use some of Lion Server's features (multi VNC connections).
Also, does Parallels 6 work well with Lion? Iv'e read many of the threads here, but if we all based our upgrade decision off of support forum posts, we'd never have the guts to upgrade
Thanks,
Mike
My question:
If I upgrade to Parallels 7 and my Mac to Lion, if things go horribly wrong, can I just restore my Mac from a TimeMachine backup?
Does restoring the system from a TM backup really put everything in its proper place? I know that sounds paranoid, and I don't see a reason why this wouldn't work, but I don't want to spend hours just to have everything mucked up.
I guess another option would be to do a full backup with Carbon Copy Cloner prior to the updates, and restore from that if I cant get Lion and P7 to play well together.
I have only updated Parallels once.. and I spent hours getting everything to work again (ultimately reverted to TM backup of VMs and P6)... so I am a little paranoid.
I am interested in upgrading to Lion because I can use some of Lion Server's features (multi VNC connections).
Also, does Parallels 6 work well with Lion? Iv'e read many of the threads here, but if we all based our upgrade decision off of support forum posts, we'd never have the guts to upgrade
Thanks,
Mike
Last edited: