icloud for win 11 stuck on getting things ready

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by OPDORAYA1, Jan 11, 2023.

1. OPDORAYA1

OPDORAYA1 Bit poster

i am using win 11 arm developer build 25272 . when i want to install icloud for pc at the time of opening icolud app stuck on getting things ready. now photos app not connects to icloud photos. please guide.

2. OnnoW

OnnoW Bit poster

Did you find a solution? Trying out Parallels now on my MacBook with M2 Pro but have the same issue.

3. OPDORAYA1

OPDORAYA1 Bit poster

Not yet. Nobody came with solutions

4. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

I've never honestly had success with using icloud for windows, even on actual hardware. I tried using it for things like keychain sharing, but most the time things just didn't work. I really don't think that apple truly even supports the app fully TBH.

5. OnnoW

OnnoW Bit poster

I got in touch with support and heard that Apple login (including iCloud) is not supported on ARM. It is something they are aware of and are working on together with Apple, so fingers crossed this will eventually be solved. I just switched to storing my website passwords in iCloud keychain, so it's quite an annoyance that I can't access those in Windows.

6. LanceG2

LanceG2 Bit poster

Open "Task Manager" in windows and look for icloud photos running, end the task. The install will continue then.

AzinS likes this.
  7. LanceG2

LanceG2 Bit poster

Running M2 Max MBP, Parallels Desktop 18, Windows 11 Pro ARM Build 22621.1555

8. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

To be clear, I have Intel machines, so that's "my" experience.

9. LanceG2

LanceG2 Bit poster

On Intel machines need to add prerequisite Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2022 and the install will complete and iCloud will work on Intel. Just did this on my other MBP Intel 5.

Don't know why Redistributable's don't load on Parallels base install?

10. OPDORAYA1

OPDORAYA1 Bit poster

Thanks as advised I installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual studio 2022 & my iCloud app installed. iCloud Drive is created but Photos in folder Pictures is not created only shared album is created. whereas in iCloud app photos is checked & in option photos / Shared album is checked. in photos app of win 11 arm iCloud Photos is showing but says open iCloud . so photos from iCloud is not appeared & synced. if you solved this please guide how to do it. I contacted parallels support they says
    Unfortunately, iCloud doesn't work on Windows 11 Arm.
    We Contact Apple support and inquire about plans to introduce support for Windows ARM.
    Please find the thread:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250932070.
    I contacted apple support they says it in there knowledge & working on it.

11. AzinS

AzinS Member

killing icloud photos did the trick! thanks!!

12. AzinS

AzinS Member

icloud for windows works for me. on Win 11 Pro (VM on M1 Max Pro using Parallels 18)

13. AzinS

AzinS Member

but can't integrate it with outlook

14. OPDORAYA1

OPDORAYA1 Bit poster

How could you do it. my issue is still same as of dated may 16 2023 from OPDORAYA1. please guide how to resolve. I as installed win 11 arm dev build 23511& reinstalled the iCloud again.

15. AzinS

AzinS Member

no it doesn't work.