Icons go away please...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChristopherJ1, Jul 22, 2015.

1. ChristopherJ1

ChristopherJ1 Bit poster

Alright so far this is a decent solution to run another environment... I am not to big of a fan of the coherence so full screen it is for me... I need a little help in the right direction though, once I am in my Windows 7 machine everything that goes on the desktop comes over to the MAC... I cant stand this, where can I correct this issue? Another issue is, I don't want my MAC applications to try and open in my Windows session: My excel thinks it needs to use MAC version vs the Office 2013 I installed in windows, again this is annoying.

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

2. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Christopher,
    Based on your issue description it looks like you'll have to isolate Windows from Mac to have this resolved. Please refer to this knowledge based article http://kb.parallels.com/112942

3. ChristopherJ1

ChristopherJ1 Bit poster

That did it, thanks. However it is a shame we cant pick and choose what we want to go between the OS's. I would like the ability to see "DropBox and maybe one "Local Mac" folder shareable with everything else disabled, the Mapped drives and icons to both desktops were an issue but if can be isolated would make this pretty strong tool.

4. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support