IE8 freeze in Windows7 accessing adobe.com

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by NoSatori, Oct 28, 2009.

1. NoSatori

NoSatori

In my Windows 7 Parallels VMs IE8 always freezes when I try to access the adobe.com site in any way, including all attempts to install the Flash player or plugin. This also happens when I try to install the Flash player/plugin indirectly, for example by trying to start a flash movie on another site in IE. This is making it impossible for me to install Flash for IE. I normally don't use IE at all (Flash works in Firefox) but some of the programs I need depend on the IE HTML rendering engine and they also appear to access Flash via IE, so this is kind of a show stopper.

This is happening both in 64-bit Windows 7 and 32-bit version. In the 64-bit version it happens with both the 32- and 64-bit versions of IE8.

I also have two Macs and it's happening on both of them: A 2.2GHz MacBook Pro (2nd generation) with 4GB of RAM and a Mac Pro Octo (2nd generation) with 16GB of memory.

I just updated Parallels to the latest build and was hoping that this might have been fixed, but no luck so far. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. ForrestC

ForrestC

I am running snow leopard on a mac book pro, parallels 4.0 latest build and window 7 64-bit. I went to adobe.com, installed flash player 10 and shock wave and had no issues.

3. NoSatori

NoSatori

Hmm... Maybe it only happens on Leopard. I'm still on Leopard because I'm in the middle of a large project and don't want to run any risks until I have the time to do a clean install.

4. NoSatori

NoSatori

I just did a clean install of Snow Leopard and installed the Apple updates before running Parallels and I still get the same issue. IE freezes completely on accessing the Adobe site, making it impossible to install Flash or any other Adobe plugins in IE. This seems to be a Parallels issue -- works fine with the same build of Windows 7 installed directly on hardware on a regular PC. I'd be really happy if someone could help with this, it makes software testing work in Parallels very difficult.