Rob Miller
Bit poster
I have a Win2k3 SP2 with SCSI RAID 1 that I'm trying to transport into Parallels Mac Desktop 4.0. I've spoken with a few support engineers at Parallels but no one has been able to lick my problem yet. I'm not receiving any blue screens or anything like that. That transport completes successfully but when I try and boot the image, the hard drive shows up as failed during post and I get an error message which says something along the lines of
"A file or device required for the operation of Hard Disk 1 does not exist or is used by another process, or you have no permission to access it. The virtual machine will continue running but the device will be disconnected"
I was able to successfully transport in a Win Vista Ultimate machine and I was able to mount the Win2k3 hdd file with Parallels Explorer so I don't think there is a problem with the hdd file specifically.
"A file or device required for the operation of Hard Disk 1 does not exist or is used by another process, or you have no permission to access it. The virtual machine will continue running but the device will be disconnected"
I was able to successfully transport in a Win Vista Ultimate machine and I was able to mount the Win2k3 hdd file with Parallels Explorer so I don't think there is a problem with the hdd file specifically.