iMac/NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT: Solaris 10 runs just fine, but the resolution is grainy.

jtp51

Bit poster
I have Solaris 10 running just fine, however at a 1024x768 resolution, the entire window is grainy and not sharp at all.

I've gone through the documentation and used the recommended settings, but no luck at this point.

Do I need to assign more memory?

(Below are my iMac details.)

Thanks,

--Todd


iMac:
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Resolution: 1920 x 1200

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
 
jtp51 said:
I have Solaris 10 running just fine, however at a 1024x768 resolution, the entire window is grainy and not sharp at all.

Change the color depth in Solaris. I'm running 1440x800 with a color depth of 24 and it looks fine.
 
OK. I will try that. (I am at the office)

Are you running X.org or XSun?

I am running XSun and that maybe an issue as well...

Thanks,

--Todd
 
jtp51 said:
OK. I will try that. (I am at the office)

Are you running X.org or XSun?

I am running XSun and that maybe an issue as well...

Thanks,

--Todd

x.org. I never got XSun to work at all.
 
jtp51 said:
OK. I will try that. (I am at the office)

Are you running X.org or XSun?

I am running XSun and that maybe an issue as well...

Thanks,

--Todd

It's worth installing Solaris in VMWare Fusion just to get a copy of the xorg.conf file it creates. It's really nice.
 
Back
Top