Important for Developers - PhoenixOS Failing

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by viola, Aug 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. viola

viola Hunter

As an Android developer, PhoenixOS is really important for my workflow. Through it I'm able to test my Android apps. Unfortunately it's not installing on Parallels. Please try to download and test to see if you can see the problem too: http://www.phoenixos.com/download_x86

This is with PhoenixOSInstaller_v2.2.0.207_x86.iso image.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. viola

viola Hunter

Here is a screenshot of the failure when I attempt to install it with just GRUB and NOT GPT:
    [​IMG]

Notice that it will hang like this forever and when I hit keys like the arrow keys or whatever, you get the input at the bottom. There doesn't seem to be any way to figure out what is actually going on that would cause this hang to occur.

If you run WITHOUT the installer as a Live CD, the system also appears to hang, but again there is no way to get into the user interface, but it does change dimensions a bit:
    [​IMG]

3. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

I've installed PhoenixOS successfully. From OS installer created two partitions: main one for OS and one for GRUB. And then enabled EFI boot in VM configuration (Boot Order -> Advanced Settings -> Use EFI Boot).

4. viola

viola Hunter

Really? I'm still hitting walls here. Can you give step-by-step screenshots of how you did this both in OS installer and in the Parallels config? I think I'm doing exactly what you're saying, but I'm getting same results!

Also, Parallels 13 is now missing the EFI Boot option under "Boot Order -> Advanced Settings -> Use EFI Boot"....

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  5. viola

viola Hunter

Well, I did manage to get EFI to come back @rkulikov by changing the type of operating system to Windows. What OS did you select in the General tab of configuration? Apparently 13 has changed things so that EFI isn't always visible based on the kind of OS you pick?

6. viola

viola Hunter

So I managed to get it to boot via setting it as Windows, however now I'm seeing it hang at this screen (I set it to Ubuntu as well and got the same result):
    [​IMG]

7. rkulikov

> What OS did you select in the General tab of configuration?
    Android. And EFI Boot option is available for it.

> ... however now I'm seeing it hang at this screen
    For me it hang for ~ a minute or more and then switched to "welcome" screen.

8. viola

viola Hunter

I have switched to Android and still getting same infinite hang (let it sit for 10 minutes). It's on a SSD so that shouldn't really be happening for speed reasons. I will now attempt to reinstall with Android as the actual option. I didn't think Android would work since this was a Linux distribution essentially, but that is a good thought. Let's see...

9. viola

viola Hunter

ALRIGHT, so there's good news: Reinstall resolved the issue and it STARTED! It took about 2 minutes for me of waiting.

Is there a way to install Parallels Tools on here in order to get dynamic resizing and sharing functionality working? With this being built on Linux it appears to be more flexible than just a normal Android build, but I'm not seeing the path to get Tools / drivers installed yet.

10. viola

viola Hunter

Sadly after I started up and used the system for the first time it died after that such that every time I reboot now it gives me the previous "System initializing, please wait..." message.

11. rkulikov

> Is there a way to install Parallels Tools on here in order to get dynamic resizing and sharing functionality working?

No, we don't provide Parallels Tools for Android-based distributions.