Incorrect CMD-TAB behavior in Coherence mode

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by jkkramer, Aug 17, 2007.

1. jkkramer

jkkramer Bit poster

When in Coherence mode, if you use CMD-TAB to select an individual Windows app (not the Parallels app), and then use CMD-TAB again, you'll see that the Parallels app is brought to the leftmost side of the CMD-TAB icon list, next to the Windows app previously selected. This requires you to confusingly press CMD-TAB an extra time to select a non-Parallels app.

This is especially noticeable when toggling between two applications. Normally you can press CMD-TAB once to go back and forth between the two apps, but with the above behavior, you can't do that. It only works if you select the Parallels app rather than the individual Windows app. Thus CMD-TAB is kind of useless with respect to the individual Windows apps, at least for me in the way I would normally use it.

I would expect that after I select a Windows app, that icon moves to the leftmost CMD-TAB position while the Parallels icon would not move at all.

Hope this isn't too confusing. I've waited for this fix for a long time; was hoping to see it in the recent beta that adds Expose support, but no such luck.