Increasing disc size

Ron Bannell

Bit poster
I have two virtual machines and I want to increase the size of one of them. However, when I look for the VM I find only one with the extension .hdd and it's not the one I want. How can I identify the machines so that I increase the right one?
 
Actually I have the same or a similar question.
I have a windows XP VM (C:) with a second data drive (E:).
I have lots of room on the E: drive, but when loading software updates (when will an update EVER be smaller) I have been getting not enough disc space messages.
So I go and delete a few applications to make room, but I am getting to where I can't delete any more.
I have compacted the drive to pick up the freed space.
SO I guess my most basic question is this:
How do I expand the C: drive without losing all the applications and settings?
BTW, I'm running Parallels 5 build 9344 on a MacPro under SNL 10.6.2
 
HI,

Certainly it is easier in version 5 as follows:

1. Stop your virtual machine if booted.
2. Select configure (Virtual Machine tab -> Configure)
3. Select Hardware tab
4. Select Hard Disk 1
5. In the Source box you can select your virtual machine to resize
6. Select resize, at this point a slider will appear where you can specify your new virtual disk size.

I hope this helps

kevin
 
Back
Top