Inputs not working after upgrading Fedora

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by astromodder, Sep 27, 2022.

1. astromodder

astromodder Bit poster

I'm having an issue with a fresh download of Fedora on a M1 mac where after installing Tools and updating the OS the mouse (USB, Bluetooth, or touchpad) and the keyboard do not work. Fedora is the only official image I've tried but had the same issue with openSUSE Tumbleweed. Any ideas?

Parallels Desktop Version 18.0.2 (53077)
    Fedora 36 ARM64

2. astromodder

astromodder Bit poster

This appears to only be an issue with the 5.19 kernel, booting into 5.18 works.

3. LendyZ

LendyZ Bit poster

I have the same issue on Arch Linux on M1 mac, it seems all the USB input devices fail to initialize, including the built-in keyboard and touchpad.
    截屏2022-10-04 15.03.38.png

KalebG likes this.
  4. TomS39

TomS39 Bit poster

I have been experiencing a repeated issue with Fedora 36 ARM failing to accept mouse input on startup. If I reboot, it seems to clear up. When it happens, the VM seems to start normally, but clicking in the VM window causes the mouse cursor to vanish. I can press Ctrl + Option (Alt) to yank it back to the host, but as many times as I click in the guest the pointer just vanishes and no input seems to pass through to the guest. This is with kernel 5.19.13-200.fc36.aarch64 on macOS Monterey 12.6 and Parallels 18.0.2, which I believe are the most up-to-date versions all around as of today.