install problem on Windows 2008 R2

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by itlicensing, Apr 29, 2010.

1. itlicensing

itlicensing Guest

I installed RDS and RDS CALS on Windows 2008 R2. I installed the 2x v8. application server enterprise. I added the local server to the Terminal Server under Farms of the Console. I also Activated the licensing and publish a test app.
    When I click ok, I get this error:
    Error:[04/00000012] 2X Terminal Server Agent: Disabled Agent, Code 2, Reason Disabled: Terminal Server disabled or denying connections)
    Agent status says Terminal Services, not enabled, even though RDS is running.

I also opened a ticket VPN-393397 and called the 800 number and no one seems to answer the phone.

2. itlicensing

itlicensing Guest

solution. Run Windows Update several times until there is no more updates. After the updates, Go back to Computer Properties -> remote settings, change back to Allow Remote Connections.

3. sryan

sryan Guest

I am having a similar problem. My error message is 02/00000005 "Terminal Services Not Enabled".

I tried running all Windows updates and did not have to re-enable remote access.

I'm sure this is something simple, but what could it be?

When I'm in VDS, I click the check agent button and this too says that it is not enabled.

Does anyone know where I should start looking? I did not find anything in the manual.

4. jurgencachia

jurgencachia Guest

HI

kindly go through the following steps.

1)2X Terminal Service agent is installed on the actual server and not on an nlb machine.

2)terminal server is being addressed by ip a and accessible by ms-rdp client from 2X VDS machine.

3)there no Firewall/anti virus blocking the connections

4) At windows command prompt type Query termserver It will Display A list of all available Terminal servers attached to the Domain.

5. sryan

sryan Guest

Thank you for you help.

The 2x VDS software and TS Server are on the same server.

1. The agent IS installed. What is NLB?
    2. I tried IP and hostname and it made no difference, the check agent still displayed that it was "not enabled".
    3. There is no firewall running AND both services are running on the same machine.
    4. When I run this command my server IS listed here.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but when I click on the Client Gateway section and select my machine, the RDP port is unchecked under the Network tab. When I select this, it tells me there is a conflict with the existing RDP port. I knew there would be, but I don't know if this settings is causing my issues.

6. jurgencachia

jurgencachia Guest

hi

I Suggest to open a ticket including screen shots and debug information.

To do this please follow these guidelines:
    1) Enable/Clear the logs.
    2) Cause the issue and immediately after it occurs go to Help --> Send support request --> Fill in the information --> (at the bottom) save Zip and attach.
    3) Note the time the issue occurred and pinpoint a user having issues when there are large logs.
    4) Describe what the user was doing when the issue occurred

Thanks.

7. mariosr98

mariosr98 Member

Hi. Probe disable Firewall. After in a any Windows XP machine probe remote conection to Windwos Server with any user in the server. That is for testing if all is ok

8. sryan

sryan Guest

Mariosr98: I really don't understand anything you are saying. I did just make a successful RDP connection to the server via a regular user through.

9. micropter

micropter Guest

I have the exact same problem.

I have "probed" it too using telnet and it answers exactly as it does when the port is open on other servers, so that is just fine. It is possible to connect with a 2x client, you see all the apps, but you can not start an app, since it says terminal services not enabled.

Terminal services are enabled though. Best practices analyzer gives no errors. It works perfectly fine to connect with a remote desktop client.
    I´we done exact same test installations on other servers, the difference is though, that the other R2 server is in an other language and the other English is not R2.

In R2 the services are not called terminal services, but remote desktop services.
    Doesn´t 2x perhaps know that that is the same thing, new name? doesn´t sound likely, but I´m out of ideas...

It´s the same on the Swedish installation where 2x works just fine..

10. micropter

micropter Guest

Agent localhost was disabled, reason Code 2 Disabled: Terminal server disabled or denying connections.

11. micropter

micropter Guest

Problem solved

Even though the firewall was disabled (and before that there was exeptions created), connecting with RDP to localhost, and connecting to RDP from another computer, and telnetting the 2x port, gave positive results, the issue must have been either a firewall bug, or 2x installation bug.
    Now in the agent status only Citrix shows not enabled, and all others are ok, and that is what was expected.

I removed the computer from domain,
    Uninstalled all remote desktop services / terminal services
    Uninstalled 2x
    some reboots
    installed 2x SMB again, just to see if the agent gets connection.
    Still no luck.
    Uninstalled again and rebooted.

Installed 2x VirtualDesktopServer instead
    problem solved.
    Changed the installation back to SMB, still working fine
    Installed Remote desktop services, and moved back to domain and configured the services and licensing again
    Still all working good.

Since removing the server from domain is not an option for everyone due to problems that could do to some SQL installations for example, I hope all you need to do is to uninstall 2x reboot and install the VirtualDesktopServer to solve it.

Kind regards
    IT support Göteborg
    www.micropter.se

12. sryan

sryan Guest

Here is the fix I got from support that fixed my issue.

Edit the registry and reboot.
    <Reg file>
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server]
    "fDenyTSConnections"=dword:00000000
    "TSEnabled"=dword:00000001
    </reg file>

This did the trick.