Install upgrade on new Mac - can I still use the version of Paralles on the original Mac?

KB from Ontario

Junior Member
Hello Parallels,
I need some advice from Parallels support
I have Parallels 12 on Mac #1 and want to upgrade to 14.
I want to install 14 on a different Mac, let's call that Mac #2.
Can I do a straight install of Parallels 14 on Mac #2 and continue to use Parallels 12 on Mac #1?
 
Hello Parallels,
I need some advice from Parallels support
I have Parallels 12 on Mac #1 and want to upgrade to 14.
I want to install 14 on a different Mac, let's call that Mac #2.
Can I do a straight install of Parallels 14 on Mac #2 and continue to use Parallels 12 on Mac #1?
Hi, while activating Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac with the upgrade license key, you need to enter the version 12 license key also in the previous version key field to validate the activation. Hence, it is not possible to install and activate Parallels Desktop 12 on a separate Mac as the license key can be validated on only one Mac at a time.
 
Back
Top