Installation of PD 4.0 impossible

stef0668

Bit poster
I purchased 4.0 about a month ago.

After uninstalling PD3 the following occured during installing:

1. Install tries to opened with the Text Editor (Picture 1.png). My understanding is that this correct.

2. The error message The document "Install.mpgk" could not be opened is shown (Picture 2.png)

3. Parallels Installer hangs itself and a Force Quit is needed (Picture 3)

4. The service people have tried to reestablish a link through a different software to open the install but I am afraid something is corrupt in my Leopard that I cannot fix

All of these problems don't occur as soon as I reinstall PD3 which still runs OK.

Please help!!!
 

Attachments

  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    189 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 9
File association in your Mac are wrong - mpkg file should be opened by Installer.app
from /System/Library/CoreServices
download any mpkg file from internet and associate it with application above, after that start Parallels Desktop
 
Thank you

Looks like this was it. After 4 weeks of back and forth with your service people the answer was so near. It is installing as I write this. Thanks for the prompt answer.
 
Back
Top