Tony Rossini
Bit poster
I've been able to install 4.0 with no real problems, just some odd things during install. I started by cloning my 3.0 vm to an external drive. Next was the Mac upgrade from Tiger to Leopard. I then installed PDM 4.0. The first oddity was not being able to register the upgrade. Message said "Already registered". I kept pushing on and was able to finish the installation. Next was the conversion of the 3.0 vm. About 1/3 of the way through, it said to go to manual. I clicked ok and the vm loaded. There was a message about the video driver needed wasn't available. I had windows do a search and it found something that worked. Next was a reboot and the conversion continued. No other issues here. Next was loading Parallels Tools. They loaded with no issues. Since I had an older build, I next went to check for updates and loaded build 3540. It loaded with no issues. Next, again updated Parallels Tools. No problems here either. Final step was to clone the vm from the external drive to the Mac hard drive which presented no issues.
System has been up and running for about 8 hours and I've been able to log into the office via VPN as well as other internet ops.
About the only thing I see different so far is the need to click in the vm window to be able to type login text, even after loading tools.
I seem to have an issue with Parallels Compressor. It runs for a while and then tells me it's going to use the physical hard drive. The progress bar keeps increasing and reaches the end of the block but the compressor never says it's finished. I can't get the compressor to close or cancel. Parallels is not locked up as I can click the vm shutdown button and it asks me if I really want to stop. Windows is locked and can't be accessed. I've reset the vm to get control back. Any ideas on this one?
System has been up and running for about 8 hours and I've been able to log into the office via VPN as well as other internet ops.
About the only thing I see different so far is the need to click in the vm window to be able to type login text, even after loading tools.
I seem to have an issue with Parallels Compressor. It runs for a while and then tells me it's going to use the physical hard drive. The progress bar keeps increasing and reaches the end of the block but the compressor never says it's finished. I can't get the compressor to close or cancel. Parallels is not locked up as I can click the vm shutdown button and it asks me if I really want to stop. Windows is locked and can't be accessed. I've reset the vm to get control back. Any ideas on this one?