8-30-09 downloaded and installed PD update build 3846. Since that time every time I attempt to use PD, I get message saying "this copy of Parallels is not registered and cannot be updated, do you want to register?" If I click yes, twirling bar appears across middle of screen saying something like "uploading registration info", but my modem does not indicate that any data is being transferred between my computer and the Parallels registration server. I've let it sit for almost an hour, several times and nothing happens. I'm still not registered. When I attempt to close the registration window, I can't. Also can't force quit. Also can't cmd+option+esc to open force quit window. I can only shut it down by clicking on the apple icon, then "shut down", and at that point the force quit screen opens and allows me to select Parallels to force quit and parallels shuts down.
COMPUTER INFO...
Running Mac OSX ver. 10-5-8, parallels build 3846, using MacBook Pro, 2 G Ram, 240 G hard drive, Do not use Boot Camp, using Time Machine backing up to Iomega external drive, Upgraded PD 8-30 via download from Parallels web site, upgraded from purchased version of PD 4.0. Parallels tools was installed previously. Not sure now.
WHAT I'VE TRIED...After I resume or start PD, when the screen pops up that says I need to register and asks if I want to register now, if I click no, I can use Parallels and my VM, but that screen keeps popping up every so often and I keep clicking "NO".
I had submitted an online request for help at the Parallels support page. I received a note back that said the problem my be because I need to turn off my firewall, and some other things I didn't understand. I turned off the MS firewall, then attempted to register again, and again the registration screen did not transmit data and it locked up again.
My Win XP Pro is not crashing, I'm not getting any error messages (other than the one stating that my software is not registered and can not be updated), and I am not having issues with mice (I don't use a mouse).
I've answered all of this info per the post I found that advises visitors of the info that needs to be included in order to get help here. Please help. Thank you.
COMPUTER INFO...
Running Mac OSX ver. 10-5-8, parallels build 3846, using MacBook Pro, 2 G Ram, 240 G hard drive, Do not use Boot Camp, using Time Machine backing up to Iomega external drive, Upgraded PD 8-30 via download from Parallels web site, upgraded from purchased version of PD 4.0. Parallels tools was installed previously. Not sure now.
WHAT I'VE TRIED...After I resume or start PD, when the screen pops up that says I need to register and asks if I want to register now, if I click no, I can use Parallels and my VM, but that screen keeps popping up every so often and I keep clicking "NO".
I had submitted an online request for help at the Parallels support page. I received a note back that said the problem my be because I need to turn off my firewall, and some other things I didn't understand. I turned off the MS firewall, then attempted to register again, and again the registration screen did not transmit data and it locked up again.
My Win XP Pro is not crashing, I'm not getting any error messages (other than the one stating that my software is not registered and can not be updated), and I am not having issues with mice (I don't use a mouse).
I've answered all of this info per the post I found that advises visitors of the info that needs to be included in order to get help here. Please help. Thank you.