Installed upgrade --> lost Internet on VM. Help!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Parallels User, Jan 19, 2008.

1. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

2. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

3. mpmusicny

mpmusicny Bit poster

I see no "unistall Parallels Tools" under the "Actions" menu. i see "install Parallels Tools" even after i have installed it...

4. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

Attached Files:

5. adam_dragoon

adam_dragoon Bit poster

Xenos- I believe that I am also in the same situation as Doctor_X and Seeker. I have followed all of your instructions as closely as I can and still without any success- I have yet to try re-installing but I am hoping I don't need to do that. And no, I don't have any third party drivers.

Thanks for the help!!

6. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

7. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello all,

It is strange that your Windows does not initiate the automatic reinstall of the network drivers. Please repair Windows installation.

Doctor_X, thank you for helping Mpmusicny & Seeker to uninstall Parallels Tools. Right, you should use Add/Remove Programs control panel if you don't see this option in Actions menu.

Best regards,
    Xenos

8. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

Attached Files:

9. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Seeker,

Please try to uninstall Parallels Tools from BootCamp (Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs).

Yes you should reinstall Mac Windows Drivers on your Boot Camp Partition.

I can't see from your screenshot, why don't you Start Windows Normally, as it is proposed on the black screen?

When you enter Windows on your VM, install Parallels Tools.
    If network connection is STILL unavailable, check if you can see Local Area Connections when going to Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections.

Best regards,
    Xenos

10. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  11. mpmusicny

mpmusicny Bit poster

My solution turned out to be really simple.. but a little worrying

Someone (I guess and hope it is Parallels) was trying to phone home each time I tried to make an internet connection. I had somehow configured Little Snitch to refuse the connection attempt - hence no internet on the windows side. All is good here now, but..

Parallels, can you confirm that it was your software phoning in?

12. treaders

treaders Bit poster

Same problem using Intel iMac with OS X 10.5 Leopard and Parallels 5582. No internet connectivity.

Running Windows Vista Ultimate.

Used to work before upgrading from OS X 10.4.11 to OS X 10.5.

The rest of Windows Vista Ultimate appears to work. Just no internet connection.

13. cope23@msn.com

cope23@msn.com Junior Member

Same Issue Here

I am experiencing the same issue. I had 100% internet connectivity this evening prior to upgrading to 5584 (which was also an amazing problem just trying to get a download that would mount).

I initially performed an upgrade (installed over the existing) and was unable to get any network connectivity.

I then completely un-installed, re-installed and WAS able to get internet connectivity (after I had to re-activate Vista, yet another amazing problem)... until I rebooted. After the reboot, no internet connectivity.

I have spent about 3 hours on this rebooting, uninstalling, installing; reading posts...

UPDATE: I have uninstalled 5584 and rolled back to 5582 -- and have the same issues.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  14. cope23@msn.com

Playing with the network options for parallels gets me the following:

1) Default adapter - works; connects fine
    2) Shared Networking - does not work

I am concerned with making these changes - given the Vista activation... any suggestions?

15. cope23@msn.com

Can you provide some specifics on what you were blocking?

16. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello all,

Seeker, please reinstall Windows on your Virtual Machine only. Set Shared Networking mode and try to connect via VPN on your Mac. I could not answer before the weekend. I bring my apologies.

Mpmusicny, the issue you are describing is just normal modem behavior.

Treaders and Cope23@msn.com, please disable all Firewalls and antiviruses you have. Do you have Keyspan programs installed on Mac or VPN?

Best regards,
    Xenos

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  17. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

18. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

19. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

To install on a VM only is to create a VM that is not tied to BootCamp.

20. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<