Installing Boot Camp after Parallels

  • Thread starter Thread starter Parallels User
  • Start date Start date
P

Parallels User

I have Parallels 3.0 build 5584 installed on a MacBook. I need to install Boot Camp on the same machine. Is there a way to install boot camp and then access it using Parallels?
 
Just use Boot Camp Assistant to create a partition and install Windows as instructed. After Windows installation, you boot back into OS/X, run Parallels, and create a VM pointing to the Boot Camp partition.
 
converting Parallels 3 VM to Boot Camp?

Sidssp:

I already have a Parallels Desktop 3 VM. I just finished doing the Boot Camp setup (note: WITHOUT installing Windows XP on the BC partition).

I want to take my VM and use it on both Boot Camp and as a VM.
How do I get my VM .hdd image onto the Boot Camp partition so that is possible?

Thanks in advance...
 
Sidssp:

I already have a Parallels Desktop 3 VM. I just finished doing the Boot Camp setup (note: WITHOUT installing Windows XP on the BC partition).

I want to take my VM and use it on both Boot Camp and as a VM.
How do I get my VM .hdd image onto the Boot Camp partition so that is possible?

Thanks in advance...

I don't think you can migrate a VM image to Boot Camp without using third party tools. I read somewhere that Acronis True Image allows you to backup a OS image and restore it to a different partition. That may do the trick. Acronis True Image is part of the Parallels Desktop 3.0 Premium Edition upgrade so it definitely works with Parallels. I have not tried it personally however, so what I wrote above was purely from what I read.
 
Where did you see that?

thanks for the info. I think I read that as well. I just can't seem to find it in my history :-(
do you have a link to where you saw that? Or have an idea where I might start my search for acronis + boot camp + parallels vm? Any help would be greatly appreciated?
 
Back
Top