Dear all,
I understand that this thread might be a duplicate of others, but I am just confused.
I have installed the trial version of PD5, and I bought Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate from University IT store. I haven't open the package so that means I still can get the refund if it is necessary.
After reading threads about installing Windows 7 in Mac and called thru VM from Parallels, I found the messages involved sound stressful. There seems to be a long "to-do-list" for PD5 to go.
Could someone in Parallels answer my questions below to clear my confusion before I actually buy this software?
1. In "Getting Started.pdf", there is a paragraph saying: "If you have the Boot Camp partition in your Mac and select the Boot Camp Partition option in this window, the assistant will .........". This paragraph sounds like we can go without previously setting up a "Boot Camp partition", and install OS directly through the interface of PD5. Is that true? If it is true, how will PD5 handle the partition? Will it create a partition by itself? I think the document itself needs to be refined in order for user to get a better idea.
2. How much of the work the user need to do in order to install Windows 7 so far. Has there been any step-by-step solution being produced? If so, what's the risk of doing so? Does Parallels give support if I install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit in my Mac?
Many thanks for your attention!!
I understand that this thread might be a duplicate of others, but I am just confused.
I have installed the trial version of PD5, and I bought Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate from University IT store. I haven't open the package so that means I still can get the refund if it is necessary.
After reading threads about installing Windows 7 in Mac and called thru VM from Parallels, I found the messages involved sound stressful. There seems to be a long "to-do-list" for PD5 to go.
Could someone in Parallels answer my questions below to clear my confusion before I actually buy this software?
1. In "Getting Started.pdf", there is a paragraph saying: "If you have the Boot Camp partition in your Mac and select the Boot Camp Partition option in this window, the assistant will .........". This paragraph sounds like we can go without previously setting up a "Boot Camp partition", and install OS directly through the interface of PD5. Is that true? If it is true, how will PD5 handle the partition? Will it create a partition by itself? I think the document itself needs to be refined in order for user to get a better idea.
2. How much of the work the user need to do in order to install Windows 7 so far. Has there been any step-by-step solution being produced? If so, what's the risk of doing so? Does Parallels give support if I install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit in my Mac?
Many thanks for your attention!!