Installing XP on Macbook Pro (Parallels 11)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ChadL1, Jan 5, 2016.

1. ChadL1

ChadL1 Bit poster

Hello, hope you can help me. I tried twice to install Windows XP Home Edition on my new MacBook Pro 13 (2.9Ghz i5, Early 2015) unsuccessfully using my original XP disk using my product key. The installation goes as far as the reboot, then the blue screen appears suggesting there are issues with the DVD, etc (the standard stuff). Is there a setting which will allow the installation to continue? I found another thread for a user with a similar problem but with Parallels 10. Any help you could provide would be great. I downloaded the trial version last night and that's what I'm currently using. Thanks.

Chad

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Chad, you may download the .iso pack using the link and install as suggested in the article.

3. ChadL1

ChadL1 Bit poster

Thank you very much for your help. This worked well.
    Chad

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

You are welcome! Feel free to reach out, we are here to help.

5. filehippo

filehippo Bit poster

If I understand correctly, you just need to install VMware Fusion first, which will allow you to install and run Windows XP as a virtual machine, so that you can install and work with that important software of yours.

If you still have a backup copy of your old XP virtual machine (it's a large single file, if I remember correctly), you should be able to run that. Again, after you have installed VMware Fusion.

Installing filehippo Windows using BootCamp is a very different thing (dual booting) and is indeed not supported for XP anymore.