Installing XP Pro SP2 from DELL reinstalltion disc?

awarner20

Junior Member
Hi everyone,

I am brand new to Parallels and am installing 4.0 on a MacBook Pro 15", 2.16GHz, 3GB RAM with a brand new version of Leopard.

The Windows installation disc I have is only the reinstallation CD of XP Pro with SP2 (cannot find the regular install disc).

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience installing XP into Parallels like this, and whether I am setting myself up for trouble with drivers and such.

Can anyone advise?
 
Dell reinstallation disk should not work. Parallels VM is not Dell machine. This Dell disk is specific to the one type of Dell machine, so it will not work on other Dell systems either. And the version of Windows on this disk is not licensed for this purpose.
Simply, it is not going to work. Get full installation disk and install such version.
J.
 
Back
Top