Hello,
Have just tried to update the software driver for the embedded graphics card built into the Mac Mini's so that Windows Media Player would play the DRM encrypted files that you get with some services.
However, have had problems installing the Intel GMA 950 drivers on the Virtual Vista Machine, as every time I try and install a driver that is compatible with the Intel GMA 950 graphics, shortly after starting the installation process,
the application terminates after giving the message:
I have also checked the configuration of the virtual machine and made sure that over 1gb ram was assigned and at least 18 gb hd space was allocated.
Now, I am not a programmer, however, perhaps it would be possible for the code that examines the spec of the computer that the software is being installed on could be adjusted so that the driver could then be installed.
this would then allow the virtual vista machine to have a proper Intel GMA 950 series driver that would then finally allow the mac mini to run vista and play the DRM encrypted video files over a network and stream the content to a windows media center extender. Yippee!!
Please could you tell me if their is a solution to my problem, and if not, then please could you look into creating one, as I am sure I am not the only person out there who runs vista on a mac that would like to view DRM encrypted content on a connected windows media center extender.

Please.!
Thanks
Have just tried to update the software driver for the embedded graphics card built into the Mac Mini's so that Windows Media Player would play the DRM encrypted files that you get with some services.
However, have had problems installing the Intel GMA 950 drivers on the Virtual Vista Machine, as every time I try and install a driver that is compatible with the Intel GMA 950 graphics, shortly after starting the installation process,
the application terminates after giving the message:
This is nuts, as the software is a simple graphics card driver purposely made for this series of graphics chip.The computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software
I have also checked the configuration of the virtual machine and made sure that over 1gb ram was assigned and at least 18 gb hd space was allocated.
Now, I am not a programmer, however, perhaps it would be possible for the code that examines the spec of the computer that the software is being installed on could be adjusted so that the driver could then be installed.
this would then allow the virtual vista machine to have a proper Intel GMA 950 series driver that would then finally allow the mac mini to run vista and play the DRM encrypted video files over a network and stream the content to a windows media center extender. Yippee!!
Please could you tell me if their is a solution to my problem, and if not, then please could you look into creating one, as I am sure I am not the only person out there who runs vista on a mac that would like to view DRM encrypted content on a connected windows media center extender.
Please.!
Thanks