internet access under windows xp

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by StefanL, Jul 22, 2009.

1. StefanL

StefanL Bit poster

i have the problem, that my windows XP professional doesn´t use the internet access of my MAC OS System. It is not possible to go to the internet with the windows "machine" under parallels desktop 4.0 fpr mac.

Any solutions for me ? ...

2. Srinivasulu.V

Srinivasulu.V Hunter

Hello,

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps in order to get internet working on windows end :

a) On windows side click on start - > control panel - > add/remove programs - > from here
    remove the Parallels tools completely. Shut down Windows properly,restart the Mac.

b) After restarting Launch Parallels Desktop - > configure - > install Parallels Tools.
    Now Parallels Tools will be automatically installed.

After installing Parallels Tools - :

1. Go to System Preferences - > Sharing - > Internet and turn off Apple Internet sharing.

2. Please set Parallels Network Adapter to Shared networking.

3. In Windows please open Network Connections -> right-click LAN icon -> find Local Area Connection properties ->

select Internet Protocol TCP/IP properties -> open General Tab and select Obtain IP and DNS server addresses

automatically check boxes.

Restart your Mac once and check for the internet connectivity on the windows end.