Internet connection dropping after ~20 minutes

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by NesL, Sep 15, 2017.

1. NesL

NesL Bit poster

Hello.
    Lately I've been having problems with my VM running Windows 10: once booted, everything seems to be running smoothly, but after 20 minutes or so the internet connection drops and, short of rebooting, nothing I've done seems to fix the problem. It used to work fine - and then out of the blue it didn't, but I wonder if it may have something to do with whatever updates Windows installed.
    Essentially, I start with a working Ethernet connection set up via Bridged mode (Shared doesn't work); in the connection details, I see normal IPv4 addresses. Once the connection drops, I get an "Unidentified Network" (No Internet) with weird IPv6 DNS addresses in the details; I don't know whether or not it's normal but they all look something like fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1.

Things I've tried:
    - everything in this Parallels blog post (incl. re-installing Parallels Tools);
    - switching from Bridged (Wi-Fi) mode to Shared and just about anything else;
    - disabling Windows Defender and Kaspersky Anti-Virus;
    - disabling both the Mac and the Windows firewalls;
    - disabling the Hands Off! app on Sierra;
    - changing network "type" (from Intel Gigabit CT to Intel PRO/1000 MT)
    - probably more I can't remember right now.

In the Windows Event Viewer, once the connection drops, I get a warning related to e1iexpress saying that the network adapter is configured for auto-negotiation but the link partner is not, and that that may result in duplex mismatch. It suggests to configure the link partner for auto-negotiation, whatever that means. I attached a screenshot.

I'm running Parallels Desktop 12 from macOS Sierra.
    Hopefully there's a way to solve this...

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. NesL

NesL Bit poster

Up, the problem is still there...

3. JohnL45

JohnL45 Bit poster

Unidentified network again, what are you guys doing parallel. this suck man! fix your patch or upgrade. what's a VM if can't connect to internet.