Internet connection via WiFi when a virtual machine is started

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JesusM6, May 8, 2020.

1. JesusM6

JesusM6 Bit poster

Hi all. I hope you can help me.
    I'm using Parallels Desktop 1.5.0 in my Macbook and I have an issue that I cannot solve.
    When I open a virtual machine that shares the internet connection with the Mac, I start having internet connection issues in the Mac (normally the speed is slower). When I close the Virtual Machine, then the Mac loses totally the internet connection via WiFi.
    The only solution at this point is to restart the laptop (I tried deactivating and activating the WiFi with no results).

Do you know if there is any solution for this? It's only that is happening to me?

Many thanks in advance

Jesús

2. KevinT4

KevinT4 Bit poster

Did you have a fix on this issue? have the same problem with.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2020
  3. Hello,
    could you please collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and reply us back with the report's ID

4. JesusM6

JesusM6 Bit poster

Hi Maria.

I created the tech report. The ID is 340841164

I'm not sure if this will reflect the issue because:

1) When I close the Windows 10 virtual machine I loose internet connection, so I'm not able to generate the tech report at that moment.
    2) If I reopen the virtual machine, then the internet connection is back again in the host machine and then is the moment I can generate the tech report.

The issue I'm having is in the host machine, so I'm not really sure if the report you are going to receive contains information about the issue because at that moment the internet connection was restored (I can restore it rebooting the laptop or reopening the virtual machine again).

Let me know if you need further details.

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Jesús.

5. Hello @JesusM6 , thank you for your reply and provided info. Are you using any VPN connection on your Mac side?

6. JesusM6

JesusM6 Bit poster

Hi Maria.
    No. I'm not using any VPN on my Mac or Windows side.

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We suggest you add Parallels Desktop to Accessibility, Full Disk Access under Security and Privacy > Privacy on System Preferences and check if it helps.

8. JesusM6

JesusM6 Bit poster

Hi Maria. I did it but the result is the same.

Everything works fine (both in the hosting and hosted machines) until I close the hosted one (in this case Windows 10). From that moment, I have no internet connection in my Macbook.

If I reopen Paral.lels again, the connection is back.

9. Hello, sorry for the delay in response.
    If you don't start Parallels Desktop and just using your Mac, does the network work without any issues?