Internet Explorer - very slow

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by reemas, Aug 19, 2007.

1. reemas

reemas Bit poster

I'm not sure what's wrong, but internet explorer is running very slowly in parallels 3.0. In fact anytime a windows program tries to connect to the web, the system slows down.

Is there anything I can do to improve this? I don't recall having this issue on my other Mac.

2. brkirch

brkirch Pro

What build of Parallels are you using? And what do you mean by "the system slows down", is it just Windows that slows down or does it also cause OS X to slow down too? Is it shared networking, bridged ethernet, or a host-only network in the VM? And are you using a wireless or wired connection, and in what version of OS X?

Sorry for responding to your question with more questions, but more detail is needed to diagnose this problem.

3. reemas

reemas Bit poster

thanks for the response. the problem seems to have corrected itself. it was slowing down windows xp to a halt whenever the net was accessed.

4. brkirch

brkirch Pro

I have heard that there are some networking issues in Mac OS X 10.4.10 that can cause airport CPU usage to go up to 100%, so perhaps that is somehow related to the problem you were having. If that is what caused it then it is likely more of an OS issue than a Parallels issue and will probably be corrected in Mac OS X 10.4.11.