Interrupted install of virtual machine

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohnT23, Jan 21, 2020.

1. JohnT23

JohnT23 Bit poster

I had to stop the installation of an older version of Mac OS X (10.9 to be precise) in Parallels, due to a problem with the OS X installer. I now have that sorted, but need to know if I can resume the installation or if I need to start over. There is an alias of the virtual machine on my desktop, and when I run it, I get a terminal-style window, but with no indication of what I should do. Attaching a screenshot of the window. Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 5.36.25 PM.png

2. Hi, what's size of your VM?

3. JohnT23

JohnT23 Bit poster

Thanks for responding. How do I check the size of the VM?

4. Right click on it into the Parallels Control center -> show in Finder -> right click on your VM and choose the get info.

5. JohnT23

JohnT23 Bit poster

Thanks. Info reads "81,405,066 bytes (17.5 MB on disk)".

6. JohnT23

JohnT23 Bit poster

Hi, I still haven't heard a reply.

7. JohnT23

JohnT23 Bit poster

Hi. I still don't have an answer to my question. Do I need to start a new thread?

8. Hi, sorry for the delay in response.
    It's very small size for the VM. Looks lik that it has been corrupted or not completely correctly installed.
    Could you please install the new VM and add hard drive from this one the new VM?

9. JohnT23

JohnT23 Bit poster

It sounds like I should just start over. Can I just delete the first attempt at a VM? Is that just the file named (in my case) "MacOs"?

10. Yes, you can just remove this VM.