Invalid Configuration after Restoring from Time Machine

davidmknoble

Bit poster
Using Mac OSX 10.8.5 and Parallels 9 on an iMac with fast i7 and 16GB ram, I had a virtual machine disk drive become corrupt. So, moved the entire machine to the Trash and emptied the trash. Then, I restored a copy of the virtual machine from several weeks before. The machine runs well (windows 7 64bit) and I updated windows, all good. However, each time I start the Mac and open the virtual machine, I get an error message telling me the configuration file is invalid.

I do not remember, but I think I updated Parallels in between, so I don't know if it is a simple fix. The configuration file opens (preferences) and I can see and set things. The posts I see about fixing this suggest creating a new VM using the existing .hdd file. I tried this, but it did not copy the .hdd file into the new VM. I want a single VM, self contained so I do not have to worry about backups. This machine is for work, so I need some redundancy.

Any suggestions or is there a menu item to run and fix or recreate the configuration file?

Thanks!

David.
 
Back
Top