iOS Client Download - Previous Version

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by dlb, Dec 30, 2011.

1. dlb

dlb Guest

Can anyone direct me to a pre-10.x iOS .ipa file? The client in the App Store isn't compatible with our servers and I don't have any old versions in itunes :(

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi DLB,

Unfortunately it is not possible to get the previous version of the 2X client for Ipad due to Apple being the only people in charge of the apple store...
    also the version of the Ipad is actually working and compatible with the most recent versions even the ones no longer supported like 8 or 9 (any version prior to 9 is no longer supported) of the 2X Application Server.

I would therefore recommend upgrading the server side at your earliest convenience, or contact 2x sales for a renewal quote.

3. rmgoode

rmgoode Guest

Why was it not announced that the latest update would no longer work with v9 of the server?

Literally overnight, our entire company was no longer able to use their iPads to work. The only solution is to pay 2x for an upgrade. If everything was working, we do we have to pay more money just to keep working? Very disappointed with those sales tactics...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i don't think is a sales tactic as such, 2x always suggests to run the latest client with the latest version of the installation on the server, it is our duty to decide whether to upgrade or not?..

5. giulio2

giulio2 Guest

updates = minor updates that don't break things
    upgrades = major updates that may break things
    We have to update until end of support time, but we MUST be able to choose when (and if) we want to upgrade. This is a foundation of fairness in the distribution of software.
    Force me an upgrade to maintain a (paid) feature is simply unacceptable (don't alert is worse!).
    Why you dont put another app on apple store? Call it 2xclient v10 and 2xclient v9. It's so easy...