IP address Assignment issue with Internet Security

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Michael Aronis, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Michael Aronis

Michael Aronis Junior Member

Hello All,

I'm new to Parallels, but not to macs or PC's.

I installed Parallels 5 on a new IMAC and was WOW impressed. Windows XP pro works great. But..

I found the new FREE Microsoft Security Essentials and that works fine on the Parallels VM.

BUT I also installed the Kaspersky Internet Security (looked like it was free also, but only for 12 months) and with that product running my DHCP IP address assignment becomes a non-functional IP, not matching the series which is assigned to the Mac Hardware Network Card. If I disable Kaspersky the IP address changes ON ITS OWN as I watch LOL, back to a functional assignment.

Are there any settings within the Kaspersky Internet Security which effect how the Virtual Network Card in the Virtual Windows machine works??

My fix so far has been to simply disable the Kaspersky (will uninstall) and use the Microsoft product. I do not surf the web from the VM, I use the Mac side instead. I need Windows XP to use my work applications on my local area network.

Thanks,

Mike

(hey Parallels automatically finds your Bootcamp machine, and moving it off the FIXED Windows Partition to the regular Mac Hard Drive partition was a snap!, great product!)