IP Configuration error

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by DeadSirius, Sep 19, 2006.

1. DeadSirius

DeadSirius Bit poster

As soon as the Windows desktop appears, I get a Mac error "IP Configuration"

[​IMG]

(I added those black lines.) If I click OK, it comes back in a few seconds. Is this the famous "internet bug"? Or did I do something else wrong? I can't make the internet work, and I think I've tried all the fixes.

2. kgregc

kgregc Member

How about a bit more information on your computer and version of Parallels... It might help you, and others with the same problem.

3. DeadSirius

DeadSirius Bit poster

Sorry.... It's the latest build, 1896.2. I'm on a Mac Pro 3.0 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, OS 10.4.7. I'm trying to run an OEM version of Windows XP Home, SP1a. The VM starts up, navigates, shuts down fine, but it doesn't find any websites I put into Explorer. I haven't tried much of anything else with it, since the IP Configuration alert is very disruptive.

I've tried the Sleep/Wake up fix. I've done the Jumbo/Standard switch in Network Prefs. I can only do that in Ethernet 1 and Ethernet 2. Parallels Guest Host Adapter has the Jumbo option greyed out.

In Windows, I've tried to have it configure the IP automatically, but it never finds my modem. It's as though the modem isn't there. I've tried running my IP's installer disk in Windows, and it can't find the modem either.

4. DeadSirius

DeadSirius Bit poster

bump......

5. joem

joem Forum Maven

Bump after only four hours??? Patience is a virtue. People post answers here in their spare minutes, and aren't waiting in front of a screen for you to post a question. none of us are getting paid for helping you.

the first thing you need to discover is whether or not your modem has a built in DHCP server, and how many addresses it is capable of furnishing (needs to be at least two). Once you find that out, get back to us, and please limit your questions on this particular issue to only one thread. Posting to multiple threads, and bumping after less that a couple of days makes some of us less inclined to help you.

6. DeadSirius

DeadSirius Bit poster

I'll leave it to someone else to explain AM and PM to him...