is anyone out there?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by akatimr, Mar 11, 2007.

1. akatimr

akatimr Junior Member

Hey there. I can't seem to get anyone to reply to this, and Parallels support hasn't replied to a direct inqury -- and it has been over a week.

Major karma points for anyone who can help me out here...

I'm having problems with Vista, anyone know what this error is coming from? (see screenshot)

SPECS: Build 3186, Macbook, newly installed VM with Vista (from scratch). Only other software installed is Office 2007. No additional hardware attached.

SCENARIO: I pause or suspend Windows, or put Mac in sleep mode. When I "continue" parallels, I get this blue screen and error.

[​IMG]

2. wesley

wesley Pro

This error basically means a driver has accessed an incorrect memory address. In a regular PC, it's often seen when the CPU or RAM is overclocked too much. Of course, this is Parallels we're dealing with here, so it's not that, but I'm guessing the suspend action is contaminating the memory space somehow.

3. abanks

abanks Hunter

Hi akatimr, the error you see is a driver related error.

It is caused when Microsofts driver verifying software is enabled and a driver on your system has an incorrect IRQ address.

Try reinstalling the Parallels tools incase one of the drivers didnt install correctly.

4. Ynot

Ynot Pro

Provide additional information please. What additional software and hardware (USB one) do you have installed inside VM?

5. akatimr

akatimr Junior Member

Hi you all. THANK you for responding and describing what is going on. Good Karma coming your way.

Ynot, I only have Office 2007 installed, nothing else. And, when I boot up with no extra hardward attached, the error still happens. I did have extra RAM installed by the Apple Store (2GB total now). I also just tried reinstalling parallels tools, but same error happens.

6. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

Ynot : I have seen this issue on Windows XP on a MBP Core Duo and I have no extra hardware installed. I'll try get a proper crash report next time it happens.

7. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

This happens a lot in VMWare Fusion, too. It might not be a Parallels issue.

8. Ynot

Ynot Pro

dkp or vmware have same bug.. :)

We should check this, it's not proper behaviour of VM.