is configured to start with TPM (Trusted Platform Module) enabled but the TPM-related info cannot b

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by allenhuffman, Jan 6, 2022.

1. allenhuffman

allenhuffman Bit poster

Intel Mac, current Parallels.
    I want to do the Windows 11 upgrade, so I have added TPM to my Windows 10 image. Now when I boot, I see:
    "...is configured to start with TPM (Trusted Platform Module) enabled but the TPM-related info cannot be read."
    I have looked through the KB articles, but didn't find the one that addresses this. Does someone have a pointer for what I should search for? I have found no hits on this phrase.
    Thanks.

2. mysticcoder

mysticcoder Junior Member

Same problem. Sure would like to know how to "simply" add a TPM to the VM and have it work. If you choose "Start anyway" you get a 0xc0000428 error from Windows 11 booting.

3. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hi @mysticcoder, Could you please share with us a screenshot of the error message?

4. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello @allenhuffman, Are you getting any error messages while adding the TPM? If yes, kindly share a screenshot of the error message.

5. mysticcoder

Here you go... Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 1.35.56 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 1.36.17 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 1.36.32 pm.png

6. mysticcoder

7. mysticcoder

Maybe it's worth noting that this is an insider build - perhaps that's part of the problem?
    upload_2022-7-4_13-46-19.png

Attached Files:

8. mysticcoder

The same reason everyone hates doing that - reinstalling everything again.

9. mysticcoder

I guess, reading what Parallels has said about adding the TPM - it should just work and boot OK and find it and then begin working. Alas, the boot error. I can remove the TPM and it continues to work still as before. I'm thinking it's because it's an insider preview build, maybe, so for now until the next proper RTM build is released I'll have to make do without the TPM. If it still has issues then I'll consider a fresh install.

10. FlorianO1

FlorianO1 Bit poster

Same here with a Win11 ARM VM on current macOS Monterey build with Parallels Version 17.1.4 (51567).
    1. Create a fresh VM without a TPM module attached because I need to share the VM with others (with different keychain)
    2. install OS, archive it to store as a template
    3. import the VM, boot it: everything is fine
    4. Add TPM Module to VM and try to boot:
    5. "Win11ARM01" is configured to start with TPM (Trusted Platform Module) enabled but the TPM-related info cannot be read.
      What do you want to do with "Win11ARM01"?
    6. upload_2022-8-5_10-45-59.png
    Is this a BUG? Adding a TPM should just work, right?

Best regards, Flo.

Attached Files:

11. FlorianO1

FlorianO1 Bit poster

Just double checked with "prlctl list -a"command:
    upload_2022-8-5_10-53-7.png
    Everything seems to be there, right?

12. FlorianO1

FlorianO1 Bit poster

Log shows:
    08-05 11:12:22.814 F /LocalDevices:8067:4c165/ [TPM NVS] TVNS - invalid signature
    08-05 11:12:22.814 F /vm:8067:4c165/ Sending question = PRL_WARN_TPM_NVRAM_INVALID