Is the Ugrade to Parallels 19 Necessary

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DaleM5, Sep 15, 2023.

Tags:
  1. DaleM5

DaleM5 Bit poster

Good Day All!
    New to this forum and hopefully someone can answer a quick couple of questions. First I purchased the Standard Parallels 18 license in November 2022, so I understand, No free upgrade, but is Parallels 19 necessary.
    Asking: is Parallels 19 really needed going forward. As info; I'm running a 2020 Mac with a 3.9 Ghz Intel processor, Vega 48 w- 8 GB Video and 72 GB DDR RAM.
    My VM is Windows 10, simply because I don't understand how to create a new VM with secure boot for Win 11. Upgrading Windows versions isn't necessarily a big deal, because I currently run very little on the VM, mainly an older versions of Office (Not Office 365) and a genealogy program that's promised to go to a Mac version eventually (but I'm not holding my breath since the promise was ~ 8-10 years or more ago). My MacOS is the latest version of Ventura and eventually I will upgrade to Sonoma. I apologize for the long post, but I wanted to give context and provide my Mac configuration.
    Last, I'm retired and popping for a $$ upgrade in less than a year, seems unnecessary unless there are huge compelling reasons? Your thoughts Please????

2. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

I'd stay as you are as it's not like it should stop working anytime soon. Unless there's some compatibility issue with Sonoma that is. Definitely don't go getting an M series Mac in the meantime as you won't be able to do what you're doing now (compatibility).