Is there a simple guide to updating to High Sierra & Parallels 13 running Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AndrewJohn, Jun 4, 2018.

1. AndrewJohn

AndrewJohn Bit poster

Hello - I'm hoping there's a simple guide I can follow to update my system.
    I'm running Windows 7 as a VM using Parallels 11 on a MacBook running Yosemite v10.10.5.
    I want to update the MacBook to High Sierra. I also want to continue using Windows 7 with the existing applications.
    I understand I should update my Parallels 11 to Parallels 13. I believe my Parallels 11 was an earlier upgrade of Parallels 9 or 10 some time ago.
    I want to do this without having to re-install both Windows 7 and all the Windows applications I use, or data etc. Will Parallels 13 simply install on top of my existing Parallels 11 so my existing Windows 7 with run?
    Can someone kindly suggest a guide or series of guides I might follow to do this upgrade? Thanks very much. Andrew. :)

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @AndrewJohn , you can go ahead and install version 13 for Parallels which supports Windows 7 and not changes will be made to your virtual machine data.

3. AndrewJohn

AndrewJohn Bit poster

Thanks. That's very reassuring to know.
    Would I be right to assume that the correct sequence is to first upgrade to High Sierra and then upgrade to version 13 of Parallels?