Is there not a trial version?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Pharrett, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Pharrett

Pharrett Member

I upgraded to 3.0. It runs great for me for everything I need Windows for. If I want to play serious Windows games, I can use boot camp until all the kinks are worked out of 3.0.

Most of the posts I see here tho are nothing but "I shelled out 40 bucks for this junk". Did no one who has a complaint about 3.0 ever even think of downloading the trial version and using it before they went permanently over to it? Seems like that would have saved a lot of drama and problems. Then you could have simply not bought it and moved over to the beta of Fusion.

I have yet to have a problem with parallels. Would I love to be able to fire up Supreme Commander and run it at full bore? Sure, but I guess I have a little more patience.

2. wingdo

wingdo Pro

Parallels had a "special" upgrade price (discounted $10) to upgrade to 3.0. At that time there was no demo of 3.0 to test out. The upgrade price expired prior to a demo of 3.0 coming out.

So the short answer to your question is yes there is NOW a demo, but at the time some of these people paid, there WASN'T a demo.

3. simplicity

simplicity Member

I see what you are saying Wingdo, but we're talking 10 bucks. If I were worried about the piece of software I was buying, I would opt for the trial license over the 10 bucks in savings... Rather be out $10 than $49. :)

4. wingdo

wingdo Pro

I do not disagree with you at all. I'm not the one bitching. :) I'm just explaining why some people are.