Is version 19 ok?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BogdanC, Sep 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. BogdanC

BogdanC Junior Member

Parallels pesters me every day to upgrade but, honestly, I am afraid to update. The version that I have 18 is stable, why should I upgrade?
    If you installed 19, what is your experience so far? I am running windows 10 on a intel 2019 mac.
    thanks

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Parallels Desktop 19 offers you with some new features and options.
    Kindly refer to this article for Parallels Desktop 19 updates summary: https://kb.parallels.com/en/129860
    Thank you.

3. KristianS1

KristianS1 Member

Mostly, I've only hit one annoying bug with the Dock still appearing in full-screen mode. Your use-cases might vary from mine though.

4. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Thank you. We know about this issue and are actively working to address it as soon as possible.

5. BogdanC

BogdanC Junior Member

Thank you. I have 2 monitors and I use windows 10 in full screen mode. Are you saying the Dock is visible taking up space from the windows screen?

6. BogdanC

BogdanC Junior Member

Could you please post here the link to this issue?
    Thanks

7. rumours

rumours Bit poster

Mac Dock disappears while Windows 11 is in Full Screen with multiple monitors ("Automatically hide and show the Dock" is disabled on macOS).

8. MichaelU2

MichaelU2 Bit poster

Since my update I have programs that will not open, will open and close after the splash window appear, while others work perfectly fine. It all started with v19.

9. Mikhail Ushakov

Hello!
    The issue has been addressed in Parallels Desktop 19.1.0 that should be released within a few hours.

10. SteveD17

SteveD17 Bit poster

No, it is not OK. It seems to have stopped communicating with Windows. Mouse clicks and menu commands (such as ctrl-alt-del) get no response from Windows. Also, icons have disappeared from dock and desktop. This must be a bad issue since I put in a ticket two days ago and have received no response.

11. Mikhail Ushakov

hi @SteveD17 ,
    It seems it's just Parallels Tools that haven't been installed properly. Kindly try reinstalling them by clicking Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools.
    Once they're installed, restart Windows again.
    upload_2023-10-25_13-18-36.png upload_2023-10-25_13-18-36.png

12. SteveD17

SteveD17 Bit poster

Thanks for the response, but it does not seem to match what I see. I do not see "reinstall Parallels Tools". I tried "Update Parallels Tools" but that does not seem to do anything.
    Actions2.png

13. Mikhail Ushakov

Try to reinstall Parallels Tools as outlined at https://kb.parallels.com/4841 then, please.

14. SteveD17

SteveD17 Bit poster

I tried the "reset option on this submenu. That got me to a state where the option to reinstall was available. After doing that, everything seems to be working!

Mikhail Ushakov likes this.