Issue running parallels, can't run xp from bootcamp

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by gotham158, Jul 5, 2007.

1. gotham158

gotham158 Bit poster

I can't run Parallels desktop on my mac os x computer even though it worked before. XP still works through bootcamp, but when I start parallels i get:

"windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information."

I followed what they have on the parallels support, which is to check the disk through disk utility on the mac side etc. Uninstall parallels etc. and then reboot. Did all of it and it installs fine, but I can't get xp to run.

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Open Parallels, boot up, and then soft shut it down and close it.
    Now try going in.

3. jvancleave

jvancleave Bit poster

Eru's advice got me out of the "computer disk hardware" screen but I couldn't get past the next section where I could go into safe mode or boot normally.

I was using Boot Camp 1.3. I uninstalled Parallels, deleted the parallels folder from my users folder, installed Boot Camp 1.4 and installed Parallels 5060 beta.

All seems to be good so far, I have rebooted into windows and can use Parallels again.